Azalea City Credit Federal Union was chartered on March 15, 1954 by a small group of Aluminum Company of America (ALCOA) employees in the Mobile, Alabama plant. Their vision was to create a member owned cooperative financial institution where every member’s financial welfare is enriched as a result of their Credit Union participation.
The Credit Union was first housed at the Alabama State Docks site and operated at the plant site until 1985. The Credit Union moved to 2 South Florida Street in 1985 and operated at this address until May 1994 when the Credit Union moved to 505 Boulevard Park East and operated at this location until February 2017. The Credit Union completed its new corporate office construction and took residency at 5662 Cottage Hill Rd. at the end of February 2017.
On February 18, 1997, the Credit Union converted its charter from a Federal Charter to a State Charter at which time we became Azalea City Credit Union.
On January 1, 1999, Lanco Credit Union located at 1708 Dauphin Street in Mobile was merged into Azalea City Credit Union, creating the Dauphin Street Branch office.
On September 2009, the Credit Union completed its third branch in Calvert Alabama (22116 HWY 43) to serve the North Mobile, Washington County and Clarke County members.
Today, Azalea City Credit Union serves the financial needs of Mobile, Baldwin, Washington and Clarke County residents and those that work, attend school or worship in these counties.
Azalea City Credit Union is member owned and a “not-for-profit” financial institution. Profits are returned to the members in the form of dividends, low loan rates and other 6 benefits after expenses and reserves are set aside. This is what differentiates Credit Unions from Banks.
Our Mission is to create a financial environment that enables our members to grow, succeed and reach their financial goals. We do this by helping our members achieve their personal financial objectives, while anticipating their needs and exceeding their expectations with superior service and products.